The Miz is an American professional wrestler, actor, and TV personality. He is currently signed to WWE, where he performs on the Raw brand under the ring name The Miz. He is known for his successful career with WWE and for winning numerous wrestling championships. From 2001 to 2006, Mike participated in 9 reality shows. Except for Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, he made it to the finale of all the other shows and won Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2002) and The Inferno II (2005), and Fear Factor: Reality Stars (2006). In 2018, he became an executive producer of a reality show based on his family life called Miz & Mrs aired on USA Network. He has also starred in films produced by WWE Studios, namely The Marine franchise, Christmas Bounty (2013), and Santa’s Little Helper (2015). He signed with WWE in 2004 and debuted on the main roster in 2006. He has won the WWE Championship twice, the Intercontinental Championship eight times, the United States Championship twice, as well as a total of eight tag team championships, giving him 20 overall championships in WWE.
What is The Miz Known For?
- Being an American professional wrestler, actor, and television personality.
- Winning the 2010 Money in the Bank ladder match and being the only WWE Triple Crown and Grand Slam champion to have won the Deep South Wrestling Heavyweight Championship.
What is The Miz Real Name?
The Miz was born with the real name of Michael Gregory Mizanin on 8th October 1980, in Parma, Ohio, the USA. He is the son of George Mizanin and Barbara Pappas. His parents divorced when he was just 11 years old and started living with his mother and stepfather Donnie. He has two half-siblings; a brother namely Johnny and a sister namely Tonia. His dad, George Mizanin owns several Mr. Hero sandwich shops in the Cleveland area. His mum Barbara Pappas aka Queenie is a healthcare professional, and psychology graduate. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is mixed as he has Austrian, Hungarian, Slovak, and Romanian ancestry on his paternal side as well as Greek, German, and English ancestry on his maternal side. He attended Normandy High School and was the captain of its basketball and cross country teams. Similarly, he also participated in swimming and was a member of the student government and the editor of his high school yearbook. He then enrolled at Miami University, where he was a member of the Theta Chi fraternity. he studied business at the Richard T. Farmer School of Business. His present age is 41st birthday as of 2021.
How did The Miz start his career?
- The Miz initially gained fame as a reality television participant as he was a cast member on MTV’s “The Real World: Back to New York” in the year 2001.
- Next, he appeared in its spinoff series, “Real World/Road Rules Challenge” from 2002 to 2005 along with contestants from both Road Rules and The Real World, including Battle of the Seasons, The Gauntlet, The Inferno, Battle of the Sexes 2 and The Inferno 2.
- He reached the finals in The Gauntlet and The Inferno while winning Battle of the Seasons and The Inferno II.
- Additionally, he reached the final in Battle of the Network Reality Stars and won a 3-part Reality Stars-themed episode of Fear Factor in 2006.
- In April 2007, he appeared on the game show “Identity”.
- After a seven-year-long absence from “The Challenge”, he returned to the reality show on April 4, 2012, as the host of The Battle of the Exes season finale event and reunion special. It marked the first time The Miz appeared on the series since becoming a main-event WWE Superstar.
- Since then, he had become a mainstay reunion host as well as the host of “The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars” mini-series.
- He alongside his wife, Maryse starred in their own reality show titled “Miz & Mrs.” which premiered in the year 2018.
- In 2020, he starred in a second show on the USA, serving as host of the reality game show “Cannonball”.
- In 2008, Mizanin appeared on the Sci-Fi reality series “Ghost Hunters Live”.
- In 2009, Mizanin appeared on two episodes of “Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?” which was then followed by “Destroy Build Destroy”, “Psych”, “Pair of Kings”, and “Christmas Bounty”.
- In September 2021, Mizanin was announced as one of the celebrities competing in the thirtieth season of “Dancing with the Stars”. He and his partner Witney Carson were the seventh couples to be eliminated, ultimately placing 9th.
- In 2022, Mizanin was briefly featured in archival footage in the Netflix docuseries “Trainwreck: Woodstock ’99”.
- The Miz started his wrestling career by joining Ultimate Pro Wrestling where he trained at the Ultimate University.
- He made his in-ring debut in 2003 as The Miz.
- In October 2004, he entered the fourth season of “Tough Enough”, a televised competition that awarded the winner a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) contract and US$1,000,000.
- On 3rd January 2006, it was reported that Mizanin had been transferred to OVW.
- On January 18, 2006, OVW TV show, he made his debut as Miz with a Miz TV segment, where he was shown talking backstage.
- He made his debut on the April 21 episode of SmackDown! and debuted as the host of SmackDown! on June 2.
- After the end of the Diva Search competition, he began wrestling as a villain, making his in-ring debut with a win over Tatanka on the September 1 episode of SmackDown!.
- At the Royal Rumble event on January 28, 2007, he entered in the Royal Rumble match as the 29th entrant but only lasted seven seconds before being eliminated by The Great Khali.
- He was drafted to the ECW brand on June 17 as part of the 2007 supplemental draft.
- He made his debut on the July 10 episode of ECW in a match against Nunzio, which he won.
- On the November 16 episode of SmackDown!, he became one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions with John Morrison when they defeated Matt Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter, giving Miz his first championship within the company.
- On December 13, Miz and Morrison defeated Kofi Kingston and CM Punk to win the World Tag Team Championship during a WWE house show in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- On the August 3 episode of Raw, he lost to Cena in a lumberjack match.
- On the June 14 episode of Raw, he defeated R-Truth, John Morrison, and Zack Ryder in a fatal four-way match to win back the United States Championship for the second time. He retained the championship against R-Truth at the Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view.
- On July 18 at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, he won Raw’s Money in the Bank ladder match to win a contract for a WWE Championship match that he could utilize at any time.
- Next, he made his first successful title defense, defeating Jerry “The King” Lawler in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match after interference from Michael Cole.
- At Raw 1000, he defeated Christian to win his first Intercontinental Championship, becoming the 25th Triple Crown Champion and a Grand Slam Champion in the process.
- At WrestleMania XXX on April 6, 2014, he participated in the André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal but was eliminated by Santino Marella.
- On the Raw episode post-WrestleMania 32, he won the Intercontinental Championship for the fifth time, after his wife Maryse made her return to WWE and distracted Zack Ryder by slapping his father, thus becoming his manager in the process, where the two then became an on-screen power couple.
- On the 900th episode of SmackDown on November 15, Maryse helped Miz to win the championship for the sixth time.
- He successfully defended the title against Raw’s Sami Zayn at Survivor Series on November 20, after Maryse prematurely rang the bell, causing a distraction.
- At No Mercy on September 25, he successfully retained the championship against Jordan.
- After taking a hiatus, he returned in January 2018, and won the Intercontinental Championship back from Reigns during the 25th Anniversary of Raw, beginning his eighth reign with the championship.
- At WrestleMania 34 on April 8, he lost the Intercontinental title to Seth Rollins in a triple threat match also involving Finn Bálor, suffering his first pinfall loss at WrestleMania.
- On April 15, Miz was drafted to Raw as part of the 2019 WWE Superstar Shake-up.
- As part of the 2019 draft, Miz was drafted to the SmackDown brand.
- He participated in the 2020 Royal Rumble match but was eliminated by the eventual winner Drew McIntyre in 30 seconds.
- During the 2020 WWE Draft in October, he alongside Morrison was drafted to the Raw brand.
- Miz, along with Maryse, returned on the November 29 episode of Raw, where he confronted Edge. The following week on Raw, after another heated verbal exchange between the two during the Miz TV segment, Miz challenged Edge to a match on Day 1, and Edge accepted.
- On Day 1, he lost to Edge. On the following Raw, he accepted a challenge by Edge and Beth Phoenix for a mixed tag team match at Royal Rumble between him and Maryse, which Edge and Phoenix won.
- At WrestleMania 38, he partnered with social media star Logan Paul to defeat The Mysterios.
- After the match, he performed his finishing maneuver, the Skull Crushing Finale, on Logan Paul, subsequently turning on him.
- They began a feud which led to a match between the two at SummerSlam, which Paul won.
The Miz Awards and Achievements
The Baltimore Sun
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2009)
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
Deep South Wrestling
- DSW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Ohio Valley Wrestling
- OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Chris Cage
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2011)
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2016)
- Ranked No. 1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2011
- Ranked No. 8 of the 10 best WWE wrestlers of 2016
- WWE Wrestler of the Year (2017)
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
- WWE Championship (2 times)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (8 times)
- WWE United States Championship (2 times)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with John Morrison (1), Big Show (1), John Cena (1), and Damien Mizdow (1)
Everything To Know About John Cena
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Shane McMahon (1) and John Morrison (1)
- World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with John Morrison (1) and Big Show (1)
- Mixed Match Challenge (Season 1) – with Asuka
- Money in the Bank (Raw 2010)
- Twenty-fifth Triple Crown Champion
- Fifth Grand Slam Champion (under the current format, fourteenth overall)
- First two-time Grand Slam Champion
- Slammy Award (2 times) – Best WWE.com Exclusive (2008) The Dirt-Sheet – with John Morrison and Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Most Improved (2008, 2009)
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
- Worst Match of the Year (2021) vs. Damian Priest at WrestleMania Backlash
How much is The Miz Net Worth?
The Miz is a multi-talented man who is a professional wrestler, actor, and television personality. He has been part of World Wrestling Entertainment for almost two decades now. He is not only one of their most successful pro wrestlers, but he is also one of their most successful reality stars. He has made a huge fortune from his career work. As of 2022, the net worth of The Miz is estimated to have $20 Million. He is making his salary in more than $2 Million. His main source of wealth comes from his wrestling career whereas he is also making a cool amount of money from the entertainment industry. He receives a lot of bonus money from winnings and for his face on the WWE merchandise. He also earns from the Pay-Per-View scheme. He endorses the WWE merchandise related to WWE SmackDown. He owns a house in Hollywood Hills worth $3.65 Million. But he bought the house for $1.865 million five years before. He is known to own several luxurious cars including Audi. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
Who is The Miz Wife?
The Miz is a married man to his longtime girlfriend, Maryse Ouellet. They started dating in 2008 and got engaged in 2012. The couple got married on 20th February 2014 in The Bahamas. They have two daughters named Monroe Sky Mizanin (b. March 2018) and Madison Jade Mizanin (b. September 2019). She is a French-Canadian fellow WWE wrestler. His sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, he dated Roni Johan, Leyla EI, Tara McDaniel, Trishelle Cannatella, Christena Pyle, and Kendal Sheppard.
What is The Miz Height?
The Miz is a professional wrestler whose body build is a bodybuilder. He stands at the height of 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm and his body weight consists of 100 kg or 220.5 lbs. His hair color is light brown and his eye color is blue. He has a fauxhawk hairstyle. Being a wrestler, he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise.