Bart Millard Biography and Wiki
Bart Millard born Bart Marshall Millard is an American singer and songwriter who is best known as the leader of the band MercyMe. He has also released two solo albums: Hymned, No. 1, in 2005 and Hymned Again in 2008. He received a solo Grammy nomination in the category of Best Southern, Country, or Bluegrass Gospel Album for the latter album.
10 Quick Facts About Bart Millard
Here is a list are 10 facts
- Name: Bart Marshall Millard
- Age: 50 years old
- Birthday: December 1st
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Singer and Songwriter
- Marital Status: To be Updated
- Salary: To be Updated
- Net worth: $1 million and $5 million
Bart Millard Age
Millard is 50 years old. He was born on December 1, 1972 in Greenville, Texas, United States. He also celebrates his birthday on December 1st every year. Moreover, his birth sign is Sagittarius.
Bart Millard Height
Bart measures an average standing height of 6 feet 2 inches tall which is equivalent to 1.88 meters tall. He also has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Bart Millard Weight
Millard measures an average weight. However, his weight as well as his other body measurements are currently under review and will be updated as soon as it has been made publicly available.
Bart Millard Early Life and Education
Details pertaining to his early childhood as well as his educational background are currently unavailable. This information is nonetheless currently under review and will be updated as soon as it has been made publicly available.
Rise To Fame
Marshall Millard is an American singer and songwriter who is best known as the leader of the band MercyMe. He has also released two solo albums: Hymned, No. 1, in 2005 and Hymned Again in 2008. He received a solo Grammy nomination in the category of Best Southern, Country, or Bluegrass Gospel Album for the latter album.
Bart Millard Family, Parents, and Siblings
Bart was born and raised by his parents in Greenville, Texas. Millard’s father, Arthur Wesley Millard Jr., died in 1991, during Bart’s first year of college, and his youth pastor invited him to work with the church’s youth group worship band. Our efforts to find out more about his family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Millard’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if he has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Bart Millard Dating, Wife, and Children
Bart is married to Shannon. The couple has been blessed with five children named Sam, Gracie, Charlie, Sophie, and Miles. However, little is known about their relationship. This information is nonetheless currently under review and will soon be updated.
Bart Millard Salary
Details about his salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Bart Millard Net Worth
Millard has an estimated Net Worth of between $1 million and $5 million. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a singer and songwriter. Through his various income sources, Bart has accumulated good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Bart Millard Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Millard
Bart Millard Bio and Wiki
- Full Name: Bart Marshall Millard
- Popular As: Bart Millard
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Singer and Songwriter
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Bart Millard Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 50 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Date of Birth: December 1, 1972
- Place of Birth: Greenville, Texas, United States
- Birthday: December 1
Bart Millard Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be Updated
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 2 inches
- Weight: To be Updated
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: To be Updated
Bart Millard Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Available
- Mother: Not Available
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Available
- Marital Status: Married
- Dating/Girlfriend: Married to Shannon
- Children: Sam, Gracie, Charlie, Sophie, and Miles
Bart Millard Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million and $5 million
- Salary: Under review
- Source of Income: Singer and Songwriter
Bart Millard Career
In high school, Millard wanted to become a football player, a dream which ended when he injured both ankles at a high school football game. As a result, Millard took choir as an elective.
Millard accepted and worked with the video and audio systems for the group. James (Jim) Bryson played piano for that band and later went on to play with Bart Millard and the worship band on a trip to Switzerland. This trip inspired Millard to pursue a full-time musical career. Millard and two of his friends, James Phillip Bryson and Michael John Scheuchzer, moved to Oklahoma City,[when?] and formed MercyMe. Since then, the band has recorded six independent, ten studio, two Christmas, and three compilation albums.
Millard made a promise to his grandmother to record an album of hymns before she died, which he did with Hymned No. 1, and he subsequently shared the story of how he was inspired by his grandmother’s faith. Millard made the second of his two hymn albums because he realized that the church he was attending did not sing hymns and he wanted his children to have hymns as a part of their lives.
Millard said his dad heavily influenced him in his musical direction with respect to the hymn albums, drawing particularly on Willie Nelson and Louie Prima. Millard stated that these influences would not be appropriate for MercyMe, as MercyMe is similar to Coldplay, while these hymns are more in the vein of Frank Sinatra. Millard said that he embarked on his solo effort in order to give expression to musical styles that would not have been compatible with MercyMe. Millard said that they sang a Hank Williams song called “I Saw the Light” in his church growing up.
The title of Hymned Again is a “tongue-in-cheek” reference to the first album. The first album was an effort to make songs that he did not particularly care about cooler, and the second album was created to achieve a Kansas City swing/shuffle mood in the vein of Louie Prima, Harry Connick Jr. and Jamie Cullum, which is what was achieved. According to Greer, this album was very reminiscent of She by Connick, which was done five or six times according to Millard. Millard said he accomplished this by listening to a stack of albums by these musicians. Millard said the songs on the album Hymned Again are in the tradition of the Great Revival era musically, but that this was not done on purpose. Millard said the one original song on the album, entitled “Jesus Cares for Me”, was written by Thad Cockrell, a song that, according to the singer, “could’ve been written 50, 60 years ago.” Millard nervously asked Vince Gill to participate on the album. On the possibility of a future “Hymned” effort, Millard said, “Man, I hope so.”
Millard is featured as a vocalist on “I See Love,” a 2004 single by Third Day and Steven Curtis Chapman. He is also featured as a backing vocalist on Phil Wickham’s 2009 single “Safe.”
Millard’s song “I Can Only Imagine” was inspired by his father’s death, and was made into a film also titled I Can Only Imagine. The film was released on March 16, 2018.
Bart Millard Awards
Millard was called the Best Male Vocalist by Christianity Today in 2005, for his work on his solo album Hymned No. 1 and for The Christmas Sessions album with his band MercyMe. Millard’s Hymned No. 1 was called the No. 9 best album of the year by Christianity Today in 2005.
- 2012 Grammy Award nomination for Best Contemporary Christian Music Song (“Grace Got You”)
- 2011 Dove Award for Artist of the Year
- 2011 Dove Award for Song of the Year (“Even If”)
- 2011 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“The Generous Mr. Lovewell”)
- 2010 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“Welcome to the New”)
- 2009 Dove Award for Artist of the Year
- 2009 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“Undone”)
- 2008 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“Coming Up to the Surface”)
- 2006 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“See the Light”)
- 2005 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“Spoken For”)
- 2004 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“The Worship Sessions”)
- 2003 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“So Far Gone”)
- 2002 Dove Award for Song of the Year (“I Can Only Imagine”)
- 2001 Dove Award for Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (“Almost Home”)
- Bart Millard is the lead singer of MercyMe, one of the most successful Christian rock bands of all time.
- MercyMe has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and won numerous awards, including two Grammy Awards and 27 Dove Awards.
- Millard is also a successful solo artist and has released two solo albums, “Hymns & Songs” (2016) and “I Am” (2017).
- Millard is a gifted songwriter and has written many of MercyMe’s biggest hits, including “I Can Only Imagine,” “Even If,” and “Grace Got You.”
- Millard is also a popular speaker and has shared his story of faith and overcoming addiction with audiences around the world.
- Bart Millard is one of the most successful and influential Christian artists of his generation.
- He has used his platform to share his story of faith and to inspire others.
- Millard is a role model for aspiring artists and a reminder that anything is possible with God.
Millard is one of the most successful and influential Christian artists of his generation. He has used his platform to share his story of faith and to inspire others. Millard is a role model for aspiring artists and a reminder that anything is possible with God.
Bart Millard Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- MercyMe Bart Millard
- Shannon Millard
- Robby Shaffer
- Barry Graul MercyMe
- Brooklyn Millard
- Nathan Cochran
- Michael John Scheuchzer
- Mackenzie Bart
- Bart Ehrman
- Bart Scott
- Roger Bart
- Union Station