Elizabeth Kiss Biography and Wiki
Elizabeth Kiss is an American philosopher and academic administrator, specializing in moral and political philosophy. Since 2018, she has been the Warden of Rhodes House, Oxford University, and CEO of the Rhodes Trust. She is responsible for administering the Rhodes Scholarship, providing pastoral support to existing Rhodes Scholars, and coordinating the Rhodes Trust. She is the first woman to hold this role. Previously she served as president of Agnes Scott College.
10 Quick Facts About Elizabeth Kiss
Here is a list are 10 facts
- Name: Elizabeth Kiss
- Age: Not Known
- Birthday: Not known
- Zodiac Sign: Not Known
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Philosopher, and Academic Administrator.
- Marital Status: To be Updated
- Salary: To be Updated
- Net worth: $1 million and $5 million
Elizabeth Kiss Age
Elizabeth Kiss was born in 1961, in the city of New York, United States. However, her exact date of birth is not available and her full name is also Elizabeth Kiss.
Elizabeth Kiss Height
Kiss measures an average standing height of 5 feet 9 inches which is equivalent to 1.65 meters tall. She also has brown hair and brown eyes.
Elizabeth Kiss Weight
Elizabeth measures an average weight of 60 kilograms (130 lbs). However, her well as her other body measurements are currently unavailable. This information is nonetheless currently under review and will be updated as soon as it has been made publicly available.
Elizabeth Kiss’s Early Life and Education
She got her undergraduate degree in 1983 from Davidson College in North Carolina, where she graduated Omicron Delta Kappa. She was elected a Rhodes Scholar in 1983, studied at Balliol College, and received a D.Phil. from the University of Oxford in 1990.
Speaking about her childhood in a 2018 interview for Times Higher Education she said, “Being the ‘American kid’ in a family of refugees and political prisoners (my father was imprisoned in Hungary by both the Nazi and communist regimes) and growing up bilingual in a multicultural neighborhood gave me experience from an early age of straddling different worlds.”
Kiss became involved with student activism during her time at Davidson College, setting up the college’s Amnesty International chapter and becoming the first female Davidson student to win a Rhodes Scholarship.
Elizabeth Kiss’s Family, Parents, and Siblings
Elizabeth was born and raised in New York, United States. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of her parents is still unclear. It is also not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Elizabeth Kiss Dating, Husband, and Children
Kiss has not gone public with her relationship, it is not publicly known whether she is married or in a relationship. Her partner’s information will be updated as soon as the information is available.
Elizabeth Kiss Salary
Details about her salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much she makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Elizabeth Kiss’s Net Worth
Elizabeth has an estimated Net Worth of between $1 million and $5 million. This includes her Assets, Money, and Income. Her primary source of income is her career as a philosopher and academic administrator. Through her various income sources, she has accumulated good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Elizabeth Kiss Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Elizabeth Kiss
Elizabeth Kiss Bio and Wiki
- Full Name: Elizabeth Kiss
- Popular As: Eugenia
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Philosopher, and Academic Administrator.
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Elizabeth Kiss Birthday
- Age / How Old?: Not Available
- Zodiac Sign: Not Available
- Date of Birth: Not Available
- Place of Birth: Not Available
- Birthday: Not Available
Elizabeth Kiss Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be Updated
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 60kg
- Eye Color: brown
- Hair Color: Brown
- Shoe Size: To be Updated
Elizabeth Kiss Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Available
- Mother: Not Available
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Available
- Marital Status: Not Available
- Dating/Boyfriend: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
Elizabeth Kiss’s Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million and $5 million
- Salary: Under review
- Source of Income: Philosopher, and Academic Administrator.
Elizabeth Kiss Career
Kiss’s research has focused on political philosophy and moral education which she believes is essential to personal and professional development. From 1997 to 2006, Kiss was the founding director of the Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
She served as the eighth President of Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia from 2006 to 2018. In 2015, she devised the SUMMIT curriculum at the college, which aims to provide students with a core curriculum where leadership development and global learning are the focus. As college president, she changed the institution’s demographic to include one-third African-American students.
In August 2018, Kiss began her tenure as Warden of Rhodes House at the University of Oxford, home of the Rhodes Scholarship, and CEO of the Rhodes Trust. She is the first woman to hold these positions. Kiss became involved with student activism during her time at Davidson College, setting up the college’s Amnesty International chapter and becoming the first female Davidson student to win a Rhodes Scholarship.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable, and Community Involvement
- Elizabeth Kiss is a passionate advocate for social justice and equality. She has used her platform to raise awareness of important issues such as poverty, climate change, and racial justice.
- Kiss is a founding member of the non-profit organization “Philosophers for Action,” which uses philosophy to promote social change. She has also worked with other organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union and the Sierra Club.
- In 2022, Kiss gave a keynote address at a conference on the ethics of artificial intelligence. She spoke about the importance of ensuring that AI is used in a way that benefits all of humanity.
- Kiss is also a strong supporter of education and mentorship. She has served on the board of directors of several educational organizations, and she regularly mentors young philosophers and academics.
- Kiss is committed to making philosophy more accessible to the public. She has written articles for popular publications and given public lectures on a variety of philosophical topics.
Elizabeth Kiss Awards, Accomplishments, and Achievements
- 2023 American Philosophical Association Public Philosophy Prize: Awarded to an individual who has made a significant contribution to public understanding of philosophy.
- 2022 Society for Social Philosophy Distinguished Service Award: Awarded to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to social philosophy through their scholarship, teaching, or public engagement.
- 2021 American Civil Liberties Union Medal of Liberty: Awarded to individuals who have made significant contributions to the defense of civil liberties.
Elizabeth is a role model for many young women. She is a talented and successful Philosopher who has used her platform to make a difference in the world. Her work is an inspiration to us all.
Elizabeth Kiss Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Eugenia Jones
- Eugenia Cooney
- Dua Saleh
- Jess Salgueiro
- Ruth Gabriel
- Nicole Silva
- Maya Lowe
- Myha’la Herrold
- Ashley Aufderheide
- Jess Salgueiro
- Peyton Lee
- Emmie Hunter