Nigerians love soccer. Not just Nigerians but Africans and the world in general. We love the blues, gunners and so many others. We wish we could be present in some of these football matches, but as much as we like football, most people still cannot afford to buy a DSTV or subscribe to a cable network TV!
It’s a problem most Nigerians can’t deal with. And that’s where the real money is. In Nigeria, we have network cable companies such as DSTV, Strong, MyTV, HiTV, CTL, DaarSat, StarTimes, GoTV, etc.
When you are looking for supplies for your home improvement project, you can choose from a few options. If you are looking for a ceiling fan, Lowe’s carries their own brand called the Harbor Breeze ceiling fan. When you install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan in your home, you can be assured you are buying a good quality product at the best prices. Every harbor Breeze ceiling fan will be backed by Lowe’s, who are well known for their do it yourself home improvement supply store. One particular model of the
Just imagine you own a football viewing center that has a sitting capacity of 500 and for each football match, your customers pay between N50 – N100 per match Multiply that 500 by 50 0r 100; and you will have a whopping N25,000 – N50,000 per match!
Isn’t that a good small scale business?
Now, are you interested in starting a football viewing center? Do you know that with a well established football viewing business, you can generate a monthly profit of at least N400,000? You may be skeptical or think I am over-exaggerating, but that’s the truth
What You Need to Start a Football Viewing Center
- A wooden bench to save start up costs. Plastic chairs are better but they are often damaged during the celebrations of goals and match wins.
- Standing fans, ceiling fans or air conditioner: If you think Ceiling fans are a thing from the past, and that they have been made obsolete by air conditioning units, you’re wrong. Please don’t take it personally, most people think exactly the same as you – but it still doesn’t make it right. Heating and cooling systems are something that people have looked for since the dawn of time (well, at least since the human race started worrying about comfort). Thousands of years ago, ancient civilizations were already using fan systems to move the air around, to cool them down. Of course, back then this was something only the most powerful and influent people could afford, the majority of the population had to deal with heat and cold any other way they could. Thousands of years had to go by until the rest of the population could use similar fan systems to turn their homes more comfortable. It was the introduction of the ceiling fans. Although not as “exotic” as having someone slowly fanning some palm tree leafs over your head, ceiling fans are much more efficient at moving air. And everyone knows how much better it feels to have a breeze blowing over you on those hot summer days. Even though the air is at the exact same temperature as its surrounding environment, the air movement has a chill affect that helps lower the skin temperature. Think of it as traveling in your car on a hot summer day with the windows full open… doesn’t it feel good? That’s exactly the same thermodynamic principle that has been known for thousands of years – well before cars were invented. Harbor Breeze ceiling fans are an produced in China for Lowe’s. These fans also can be found on Amazon. These ceiling fans provide great value for homeowners in most situations. CeilingFansHQ has become a number one resource for consumers who need assistance with their ceiling fan. we’ve over 75 Harbor Breeze user manuals able to view online. also as troubleshooting guides, remotes, parts, and more. one among the items that make Harbor Breeze ceiling fans so great is that they often accompany remotes that have a 40-ft range and appearance extremely elegant. you’ll turn your fan on from a special room with one among these! If the remote for your ceiling fan has broken or if you don’t have one in the least but want one.
- Air freshener
- A good generator and possibly a UPS in case of power outage to keep the TV running
- Cable TV or DSTV dish with monthly subscription
- Two big Television set with high resolution or projectors
- Extension sockets
- A refrigerator just in case you want to add an extra income stream by selling cold soft drinks
- A printed ticket or coupons to identifying paying customers
Football Viewing Center Sample Business Plan Template
1. Get an Ideal Location
Get a good location; a location or building that has enough room for expansion. If it’s an open space like a football field, then you may need to get a carpenter to form a tent shed using zinc; and ensure that the structure is wide enough to contain a good number of people (say 100 to 300 sitting capacity). You should learn to think big and start small.
2. Set It Up
If you are on a low budget, the next thing to do is to get a carpenter to make wood benches for you as it minimizes start up costs and contains a lot more people. But if you have enough capital, you can opt for single plastic chairs as they are more comfortable. A nice touch would be to install some sports turf like the stuff you can find on sites like http://www.sportsandsafetysurfaces.co.uk/ , of course you would need the budget for such a thing, but it would surely make you stand out of the crowd
You must also ensure that the room or building is properly ventilated; so as to make your customers feel comfortable. If they don’t feel comfortable watching football matches in your viewing center, then there’s a high chance they will patronize your competitors.
Management Tips for Running a Viewing Center
1. Get a blackboard or notice board outside your football center to write out all upcoming matches for the day.
2. If you have more capital and you want to make your viewing center top-notch, you can employ cooks to sell pepper soup, small chops, recharge card vouchers, and cold drinks. You could even sell these things yourself. If you are married, or a good cook, you could set up a pepper soup joint beside your viewing center.
3. Another strategy to stay at the top of your game is by offering bonanzas or produce T-shirts with the name of your viewing centers printed on it. Be smart and creative. There’s so much money to be made in this business!
4. Treat your customers with respect. Customers are the backbone of every business! Be friendly to your customers. They are the sole reason you are still in business. Treat them with respect, and try to build personal relationships with them.
As a final note, if you are currently unemployed, you could try out this business. It doesn’t require much capital to start and it’s very easy to manage, if you know what you are doing.