Gozie Okeke- Controversies and Marriage separation
Princess Njideka parted ways over this allegation and even more such as infidelity, domestic violence etc. Njideka accused her husband Gozie Okeke of indulging in homosexuality, an act which was rumoured to be common among entertainers (Gospel musicians inclusive) at the time.
After the breakup, Njideka veered into acting while Gozie continued in the pursuit of his music career. She joined the acting industry and was rumoured to have had several affairs with some Nolly wood producers. She was featured in a handful of movies.
The Gospel singer refuted the allegations in the magazine. He declared the media publications as baseless, a complete falsehood and a plot to ruin his reputation in the gospel music industry. He claimed he did not want to respond to the allegations but did so because he was a gospel singer who enjoyed a large fanbase. The Gospel Artist issued a statement and made it available to the public via Blank news online. He said the story was a figment of the imagination of the writer and an example of cheap journalism. He stated the following:
- I have never in my entire life, been associated with any form of sexual perversion
- The writer who authored the story is at best playing a script written for him by my detractors. In the area of butter journalism, the aim is to destroy my hard earned reputation.
- That the said GSM Number quoted in the report disclaimed by me in an advertorial on Sun Newspapers of December 8, 2008, when it was lost and wonder how the same GSM Number could be used by me in 2012.
- That at no time was I arrested by men of the Nigeria Police Force as reported in the said story.
- I hereby state that the story as carried by the 3rd Eye Magazine, if not refuted and left in the public domain, may be seen and taken as an event that actually took place.
- I did not at any time offer the publisher any amount of money to kill the story, as there are no communication lines between me and the 3rd Eye Magazine.
- As an example of gutter journalism, the said publication did not carry the date the event took place, the name of the hotel where the event took place; neither did it carry the name of the said artiste that was raped and those who witnessed the event.
- I am soliciting my teeming fans to discountenance the various vexatious publications and continue to remain loyal and faithful.
Reconciliation of Prince Gozie Okeke and Princess Njideka Okeke
After 4 years of separation between the two singers, Gozie Okeke and his wife, Njideka came together in 2014 when they celebrated their 14 years anniversary. They thanked God for how their marriage was able to withstand troubled waters and overcome. It was gathered that it took the intervention of family members, pastors and senior gospel artists to bring the couple back together This reconciliation was celebrated with an album release by the couple titled “Reconciliation Praise”.
They are blessed with three children.
Social Media Criticism of Prince Gozie Okeke and Princess Njideka Okeke
“so Princess Njideka your husband accepted you back after all your wrong moves in the movie industry. That’s great. Gozie is a really good man, not all man can accept that. God bless both of you”
Njideka didn’t find it funny and she responded with an insult calling the man a goat.
Also, in 2015, an impersonator on Facebook posing to be Prince Gozie Okeke was arrested.
Mr Zimuzo Mbaebie had been parading himself as the renowned gospel singer, deceiving and defrauding people who wanted to book for the singer’s concerts. People would book him via the fake facebook account and he would show up with the lie that his boss, Gozie Okeke was not available and so he was representing him. This went on for a long time until he was found out.
He also confessed to opening a bank account in Prince Gozie’s name at Diamond bank.
Gozie Okeke Music – Gozie Okeke Albums
- Battle Is Over
- Many Many
- He’s Alive
- Nweke Nweke
- Great Anointing Praise, Vol. 3
- A Cry for Mercy, Vol. 3
- Thanksgiving Worship
- Nnem Oma
- Hosanna Worship 3
- Oke N’oso Ngwere N’oso
- A Cry for Mercy
- My Tears of Joy
- What a World (Uwa Di Egwu)
- Jesus Nwa N’nma
- A Cry for Mercy, Pt. 2
- Thanksgiving Worship