Rosalind Wiseman, is a well-known American author, and speaker who wrote Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence.
The well-known movie “Mean Girls” was based on this novel. In addition to being a writer, Wiseman is also one of the co-founders of Cultures of Dignity, an organization that promotes safe and inclusive environments for children.
She also created the Owning Up Curriculum, which aims to educate teachers and students about social justice, ethical leadership, and community building.
Wiseman returned to Washington, D.C. after receiving her degree, where she pursued her interest in teenage empowerment. As she started teaching young women martial arts, she quickly saw that many of them were worried about the peer pressure, bullying, and other societal pressures they were subjected to.
Wiseman saw the potential of martial arts to give these young women the resources and self-assurance they required to deal with these difficulties.
Her work in youth empowerment and leadership development, with a focus on aiding young people in improving their sense of self-worth, leadership talents, and empathy for others, was inspired by this occurrence.
Rosalind Wiseman Age
Rosalind Wiseman is about 54 years being born on 1969
Rosalind Wiseman Height
Rosalind Wiseman’s height is unknown
Rosalind Wiseman Education
After graduating from Maret School in Washington, DC, Rosalind Wiseman went on to Occidental College in Los Angeles, where she met James Edwards, a fellow student, and started learning martial arts together.
They got married in 1996. Wiseman had obtained a second-degree blackbelt in Tang Soo Do karate by the time she received her bachelor’s degree in political science in 1991.
Rosalind Wiseman Books
- Owning Up: Empowering Adolescents to Confront Social Cruelty, Bullying, and Injustice
- The Guide: Managing Douchebags, Recruiting Wingmen, and Attracting Who You Want
- Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials
- The Distance Learning Playbook for Parents: How to Support Your Child′s Academic, Social, and Emotional Development in Any Setting
- Owning Up: Empowering Adolescents to Create Cultures of Dignity and Confront Social Cruelty and Injustice
- Ringleaders and Sidekicks: How to Help Your Son Cope with Classroom Politics, Bullying, Girls and Growing Up
- Untitled Survival Manual for Boys 10-13 Wiseman: Everything You Need to Know about Girls, Grown-Ups, Show-offs, Cheaters and Liars
- Defending ourselves
- Untitled Survival Manual for Boys 14-16 Wiseman: Everything You Need to Know about Girls, Grown-Ups, Show-offs, Cheaters and Liars
Rosalind Wiseman Instagram
Rosalind Wiseman’s Instagram handle is unclear.