Sandra Oh Biography
Sandra Oh is a Canadian actress known for her role as Cristina Yang on the ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy, from 2005-2014, a role that earned her a Golden Globe, two Screen Actors Guild awards, and five nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Sandra Oh Age | Birthday
Sandra Oh was born on 20 July 1971 in Nepean, Ottawa, Canada. She is 48 years old as of 2019. She celebrates her birthday on July 20 every year.
Sandra Oh Height
Sandra is a woman with an average stature. She stands at a height of 168cm and also weighs a massive weight of 52kgs.
Sandra Oh Education
She attended Sir Borden High School, where she founded the environmental club BASE (Borden Active Students for the Environment). She also played the Flute and Continued both her Ballet Training and acting studies. She also took drama classes, acted in school Games and Skit Row High, a comedy group. She Rejected a four-year journalism scholarship to Carleton University to study drama at the National Theatre School of Canada in Montreal, Against her parent’s advice. She later graduated from the National Theatre School in 1993.
Sandra Oh Family
She was born to Middle-class parents Oh Junsu and Jeon Young-Nam. Her father is a Businessman and her Mother is a biochemist.
Sandra Oh Siblings
Sandra has a brother, Ray, and a sister called Grace and they all belong to Asian ancestry.
Sandra Oh Husband
Oh was in a relationship with filmmaker Alexander Payne for five years. They married on January 1, 2003, separated in 2005, and got legally divorced in late 2006. The beautiful actress is currently in a relationship with Andrew Featherston since 2007.
Sandra Oh Salary
Sandra’s exact salary has not been revealed however she earns $350,000 per episode of Grey’s Anatomy a Television series.
Sandra Oh Net Worth
The Canadian actress has an estimated Net Worth of $25 million dollars, From her career as an actress.
Sandra Oh Facts and Body Measurements
- Full Name: Sandra Miju Oh
- Age/ How Old?: 48 years old
- Date of Birth: 20 July 1971
- Place of Birth: Nepean, Ottawa, Canada
- Birthday: July 20
- Nationality: Canadian
- Father’s Name: Oh Junsu
- Mother’s Name: Jeon Young-Nam
- Siblings: Ray and Grace
- Married?: Dating
- Children/ Kids: None
- Height/ How tall?: 168 cm
- Weight: 52kg
- Net worth: $25 million
Sandra Oh Career
The Canadian Actress leads her performance in the Canadian film Double Happiness in 1994. She played as jade Li, and it talked about a twenty-year-old Chinese-Canadian woman negotiating her wishes and those of her parents. In 1997 she appeared in the film Bean, as she played as the role of Bernice, the art gallery PR manager. Her other films were Long Life, Happiness and Prosperity and Last Night in 1998. In 200 she appeared in the drama Waking the Dead. In 2002, Oh appeared in the family comedy Big Fat Liar, followed by a minor role in Steven Soderbergh’s Full Frontal (2002).
Sandra Oh Grey’s Anatomy
In 2005, she appeared in more than several films, Including David Slad’s, Hard Candy, and the Independent anthology drama 3 Needles (2005), opposite Chloë Sevigny and Olympia Dukakis. She was also a cast in a Medical Series called Grey’s Anatomy.
Her role was as Cristina Yang. For her role in Grey’s Anatomy the medical series she won both a 2005 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Series and a 2006 Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series. She was the host of the 28th Genie Awards on March 3, 2008. She performed in the People Speak which was a documentary feature film that uses dramatic and musical performances of the letters, diaries, and speeches of everyday Americans.
She also received her fifth Primetime Emmy Award nomination for her work on the series. in July 2009. in August 2013, This is where she announced that her final season in the medical series.
Sandra Oh Killing Eve
She announced that she might be teaming up with Canadian director Ann Marie Fleming In October 2014, to collaborate on an animated characteristic film titled Window Horses. She also regarded it as a role in the comedy movie Tammy (2014), playing the spouse of Kathy Bates’ character. In 2015, she starred on the Refinery29 comedy web series Shitty Boyfriends. Oh began filming the comedy film, Catfight (2016), in New York City in December 2015.
Beginning in April 2018, Oh began a leading role in the BBC America spy thriller series Killing Eve, playing British intelligence agent Eve Polastri whose quarry is psychopathic assassin Villanelle played by Jodie Comer, with the women developing a mutual fascination. Upon reading the series script, Oh did not realize she was being considered for a lead, stating that she had been “brainwashed” by years of being cast as the leads’ best friends. In 2018, Oh became the first actress of Asian descent to be nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, for that role. She also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama, becoming the first woman of Asian descent to win two Golden Globe Awards. Oh won Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series at the SAG Awards in 2019.
Sandra Oh Movies and TV Shows
- 1994 Double Happiness
- 1995 Prey
- 1996 Cowgirl
- 1997 Bean
- 1998 Last Night
- 1998 The Red Violin
- 1998 Permanent Midnight
- 1999 Guinevere
- 2000 Waking the Dead
- 2000 Dancing at the Blue Iguana
- 2000 Three Lives of Kate
- 2001 The Princess Diaries
- 2001 Date Squad
- 2001 The Frank Truth
- 2002 Big Fat Liar
- 2002 Full Frontal
- 2002 Rick
- 2002 Long Life, Happiness & Prosperity
- 2002 Barrier Device
- 2003 Under the Tuscan Sun
- 2003 Owning Mahowny
- 2004 Sideways
- 2004 Wilby Wonderful
- 2004 Mulan II
- 2004 8 Minutes to Love
- 2005 Hard Candy
- 2005 Break a Leg
- 2005 Cake
- 2005 3 Needles
- 2005 Sorry, Haters
- 2005 Kind of a Blur
- 2006 The Night Listener
- 2006 For Your Consideration
- 2007 The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends
- 2007 Falling
- 2008 Blindness
- 2009 Defendor
- 2009 The People Speak
- 2010 Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey
- 2010 Ramona and Beezus
- 2010 Rabbit Hole
- 2015 The Scarecrow
- 2014 Tammy
- 2016 Window Horses
- 2017 Catfight
- 2017 Meditation Park
- 1989 Denim Blues
- 1992 Degrassi High: School’s Out
- 1994 The Diary of Evelyn Lau
- 1995 If Not for You
- 1995 Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years
- 1995 Cagney & Lacey: The View Through the Glass Ceiling
- 1996 Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
- 1996–2002 Arliss
- 1999 Happily Ever After Fairy Tales for Every Child
- 2000 Popular
- 2001 Further Tales of the City
- 2001 Six Feet Under
- 2001 Judging Amy
- 2001–02 The Proud Family
- 2005, 2009, 2010, 2013 American Dad!
- 2005–14 Grey’s Anatomy
- 2006 Odd Job Jack
- 2006–07 American Dragon: Jake Long
- 2008, 2012 Phineas and Ferb
- 2009 Robot Chicken
- 2010 Thorne
- 2011 Sesame Street
- 2011 Michael: Every Day
- 2014 Betas
- 2015 Shitty Boyfriend
- 2016 Peg + Cat
- 2017 American Crime
- 2018-present Killing Eve
- 2018 She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
Sandra Oh Awards and Achievements
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite TV Character We Miss Most.
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
- Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture for TV
- Satellite Award for Best Cast – Television Series
- Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Frequently Asked Questions About Sandra Oh
Who is Sandra?
She is a Canadian-American Actress known for her roles as Cristina Yang on the ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy.
How old is Sandra?
She is 48 years old. She was born on 20 July 1971.
How tall is Sandra?
She stands at a height of 163cm.
Is Sandra married?
She is not married. She has been dating Andrew Featherston since 2007.
Sandra Oh Twitter
Tweets by IamSandraOh
Sandra Oh Instagram
Sandra Oh Awards
- 1994 Genie Awards for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in the film Double Happiness
- 1998 Genie Awards for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in the film Last Night
- 2004 Boston Society of Film Critics for Best Cast in the film Sideways
- 2004 Broadcast Film Critics Association for Best Cast in the film Sideways
- 2004 Phoenix Film Critics Society for Best Cast in the film Sideways
- 2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture in the film Sideways
- 2005 Golden Globe Awards for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film on Grey’s Anatomy
- 2005 Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series on Grey’s Anatomy
- 2007 Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series on Grey’s Anatomy
- 2015 People’s Choice Awards for People’s Choice Awards for Favorite TV Character We Miss Most on Grey’s Anatomy